Seasonal Kitchen Positions
Appel Farm Arts Camp is currently seeking Kitchen Staff for our residential summer camp. Roles include Prep Cooks, Dishwashers, and Utility Workers.
Appel Farm offers a rewarding summer job working with young artists and arts educators from around the world, supporting an inclusive and safe learning environment, and becoming a part of a vibrant, creative community! This is a perfect job opportunity for upper high school and college students interested in pursuing culinary careers.
Pay rate is $15 per hour.
This is a seasonal position from June 15 – August 9, with varying hours of 25-35 hours per week. There are 2 mandatory training sessions scheduled on June 15 and 16 from 6pm – 9pm. Shifts are scheduled for morning (breakfast through lunch) and evening (dinner/prep next day) on weekdays and weekends.
The camp kitchen serves more than 200 people per day, 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.
Applicants must be local to Elmer.
Primary Responsibilities include
- Prepping meals and snacks
- Serving and Cleaning after shifts
- Contribute to cultivation and care of fresh fruits and veggies from our Kitchen Garden
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Previous kitchen cooking/bussing experience
- Multi-tasker, able to keep track of many projects/tasks at once
- Strong Communication Skills, unafraid to ask for help or instructions
- Credentials in health and safety training (ServeSafe)
Interested applicants should send an email with your resume to email@example.com.
We are an EOE with a commitment to creating safer, inclusive spaces.