Marketing & Social Media Intern
Appel Farm Arts & Music Center values community, personal growth, safety, fun, and diversity. As a part of this, our organization seeks to engage the next generation in the important work of the non-profit arts world by offering a year-round Nonprofit Arts Administration Internship program.
Through this program, participants gain hands-on experience in all aspects of non-profit management with a focus on arts education and community engagement. Participants will learn and practice their skills in the areas of non-profits including strategic planning, program development, and assessment, relationship building, volunteer management, financial management, marketing, development, and leadership. Hours of each position are flexible according to applicant availability, and work location is hybrid.
Interested candidates should e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Jessica Doheny, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed and selected as resumes are submitted; interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
- Manage Appel Farm and Appel Farm Arts Camp social media accounts.
- Create graphics and write copy for social media posts.
- Schedule social media posts through Meta Business Suite.
- Draft press releases for events and classes.
- Assist in creation of promotional materials including email marketing.
- Routinely update schedules, registrations and content on Appel Farm website.
- Complete market research tasks including updating spreadsheets of press contacts and businesses.
- Visit local businesses to distribute promotional print materials and create potential partner relationships.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to create strategic marketing plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Solid understanding of social media best practices for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Previous experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) a plus
- Experience with WordPress a plus; Basic photography and videography skills a plus