For more than 60 years, summers at Appel Farm have sparked the imaginations of thousands of young people as they interacted with artists from around the world in beautiful rural southern New Jersey. Safety, Community, Personal Growth, and Fun guide our program and ensure that every camper experiences a summer that will last a lifetime.
We do camp differently.
- Radically supportive, gender-affirming, conscious community
- Non-competitive arts exploration and personal growth
- Small class sizes and differentiated instruction
- Approach based on Restorative Practices and Collaborative Problem Solving
- Mental Health First Aid staff training
- Experienced, specialized instructors
- Modern, air-conditioned ensuite bunks
Your camper’s physical and emotional safety is our top priority. Our experienced counselors are carefully chosen to be positive role models who will empower your camper to gain self-confidence, awareness and independence in a well supervised environment.
Your camper is welcomed into a supportive, diverse community where friendship and acceptance are valued. Being surrounded by young people with similar interests, and counselors who actively help young people form connections, ensures that your camper makes friends.
We believe all people are inherently creative. With only 230 campers in each session and a 6:1 camper/staff ratio, individualized attention is at the heart of every class. Professional artists and arts educators will guide your camper’s development based on his or her skill level and interests.
With a balanced schedule of classes, free time, workshops, trips, campfires, performances and special events, every session at Appel Farm is fun!