Counselor In Training Program
Counselors In Training (CIT) are campers who want to focus on developing their leadership skills, create focused projects related to their chosen art form and explore artistic both professional and nonprofessional artistic opportunities past high school.
CITs work with their staff mentors during their major and learn leadership and teaching skills during their CIT minor. Our CITs have gone on to assume leadership roles in college and in their professional lives.
CITs are still campers and, like other campers, participate in majors, minors, and camp events. CITs will also assume additional responsibilities, and earn a few special privileges and benefits.
CITs are campers who meet the following requirements:
- CITs must be entering the 11th or 12th grade, or must be 16 or 17 years old.
- CITs must be registered for the 4 week camp session.
Leadership and Experience
- Completion of an Independent Study Project.
- Staff Mentor for their Guided Study Project.
- Take part in a CIT Minor – a class dedicated to leadership and teaching skills, only for CITs.
- Receive 40 Service Hours.
Privileges & Responsibilities
- A dedicated off camp trip
- Internet access once a week
- Bunk Supervision once a week
- Assist as needed in their major
- Help in the planning and execution of all camp events
- CITs are expected to act as a role models in the camp community
How to Apply
Teenagers interested and eligible for the CIT program should register for Camp, and then apply online using the button below.
CIT applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, and space is limited. We encourage all campers interested in the CIT program to apply early in the season!
If you have any questions, please contact the camp staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.