2nd Annual Healthy HeARTS Festival and 5k to be held November 4th
October 23, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(ELMER, NJ, OCT, 20, 2023) Appel Farm Arts and Music Center is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Healthy HeARTS Festival and Fundraiser 5k being held on November 4, 2023 from 10am-3pm. This event is a celebration of wellness of mind, body and community through the arts, and is open all ages, free of charge.
Highlights of this free, family-friendly event include live music performances by local bands, an array of crafters showcasing handmade goods, a diverse selection of food vendors, locally crafted beverages including wine, beer and spirits, and art-making activities for all ages. There will also be several health screenings and educational materials available from wellness organizations, as well as mini-classes in yoga and movement.
The festival’s centerpiece event, a fundraiser 5k race and 1-mile walk, kicks off at 10am, with pre-registration required. All proceeds from this activity will directly support Appel Farm’s art programming throughout South Jersey, making a positive impact on the local community.
Appel Farm thanks its event sponsors Laury Heating and Inspira Health for their support. Participating partners include: Creativity CoLaboratory School, South Jersey Land and Water Trust, Meals on Wheels of Salem County, Kaleidoscope, and Acenda – NJ4S. For more information about this event, and to register for the 5k or 1-mile walk, please visit appelfarm.org/healthyhearts.
The schedule for the day includes:
- 10am The Melodymakers
- 11:45am Side Hustle
- 1:30pm TJ Fry Band
- 9:45am Race Warm-up with Jess, Appel Farm’s Executive Director
- 10am 5k Race and 1 Mile Walk Begin
- 10:30am Cool-Down Yoga with Carly from The Restored Soul
- 12pm Fitness with Karen from Transform Health + Wellness
- 1pm Yoga with Honora
- Crafting Nature Sun Catchers
- Rock Painting for Wildflower Garden
- Wine Glass Painting for Adults
- Free Face Painting
Other Ongoing Activities:
- Free Health Screenings with Inspira Health
- Free Flu Vaccines, Covid Boosters from South Jersey Family Medical Center & Jefferson Health
- Tobacco Use Education with The Southwest Council
- Nutrition Education with Andie Schwartz, RD, of ABS Nutrition and Fitness
- Sound Therapy and Breathwork with Ravenwood Farm
- PEMF Sessions with Hands to Hooves Healing
Food and Drink Options:
- Blackbird Local
- Big Green Smoothie Machine
- Jodi’s Coffee Concessions
- Charred LLC
- Angie’s Vietnamese Cuisine
- Vegans Are Us
- Matty G Dogz
- Lost Elephant Brewing Co.
- Cedarvale Winery
- Pine Tavern Distillery
About Appel Farm
Appel Farm co-creates experiences that lead to wholeness through the arts. It does so by inspiring and empowering people to unleash their authentic creativity, leading to self- discovery, community building, and joy. Founded in 1960 by Albert and Clare Appel, Appel Farm began as a summer arts camp. The Appels, both professional musicians and music educators, believed that the arts play a crucial role in developing a child’s learning skills, encouraging personal growth, and instilling a sense of community and responsibility. They believed that all children have artistic talent, thus the camp was intended to promote a supportive environment in which the individual child can learn, experience and grow in a wide variety of artistic media. Now in its seventh decade, Appel Farm has evolved into a multidisciplinary regional arts center serving audiences, artists, and students through local, regional, national, and international programs. Our programs build on the Appel’s founding principles, providing opportunities for arts education, arts appreciation and creative expression to more than 32,000 children and adults annually. More information about Appel Farm can be found at www.appelfarm.org or by calling (856) 358-2472.